- Square End Carbide End Mills
- Carbide Ball End Mills
- Double End Carbide Square End Mills
- Double End Carbide Ball End Mills
- Carbide Corner Radius End Mills
- Micro End Mills
SOLID CARBIDE END MILLS
All Solid Carbide End Mills can be used for a wide range of job applications. All square end End Mills are center cutting, which allows for plunge cutting as well as the ability to create multi-dimensional shapes and profiles. Our carbide offering includes 2, 3, & 4 flute end mills. Lower flute counts are typically more efficient at removing material whereas higher flute counts create a smoother finish. Most all general purpose end mills have a 30° Helix. Atlas offers several coatings that will help extend tool life and improve the end mill's performance.
- TiN (Titanium Nitride) - A special multilayer coating for edge retention and corrosion resistance when used on a wide range of materials including iron based, hardened steels, and stainless steels. Typically TiN is used in applications with lower cutting speeds than TiCN and ALTiN but often improves the tool's lifetime by a factor of three or more.
- TiCN (Titanium Carbonitride) - A general purpose coating that offers improved wear resistance to abrasive, adhesive, or difficult to machine materials such as cast iron, aluminum alloys, steels, copper and more. This is a common used substitute when the advantages of ALTiN cannot be used, as in applications that cannot generate the speeds and feeds required for higher cutting temperatures. TiCN is harder and more impact resistant than TiN and can improve tool life by as much as 800%.
- ALTiN (Titanium Aluminum Nitride) - This is a high performance coating for milling, tapping and drilling in stainless steels, carbon steels, alloy steels, and cast iron. This coating is extremely heat resistant and can be used with or without coolant. It is exceptional in difficult to machine materials where adhesive wear is particularly high and can be run at much higher speeds and feeds than all other coatings.